Legal Issues

FTC announces New Children’s Privacy Rules

Security camera - BSN

(Best Syndication News) - The U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced the final amendments were made to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule. The new rules will help better protect the privacy of children under the age of 13 and let parents decide what personal information is collected on websites and online services.

These amendments were added to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 to better address current technologies. Websites that are directed toward children under 13, or have knowledge that they are collecting information about minors, are required to follow the FTC COPPA rules.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac halt Foreclosed Property Evictions until after Holidays

House and calendar - BSN

(Best Syndication News) - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac announced that they would halt evictions during the holidays.

The Federal National Mortgage Association (OTC:FNMA) will halt evictions from foreclosed single family and 2-4 unit properties between December 19, 2012 and January 2, 2013. Similarly, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTC:FMCC) announced a nationwide halt to evictions between December 17, 2012 and January 2, 2013 for single-family homes and 2-4 unit properties.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac said that during this temporary pause, the families living in these properties will not be evicted. However, the legal and administrative proceedings will continue and the eviction process may continue during this period, but the actual evictions will be postponed.

The City of San Bernardino files petition for Chapter 9 Bankruptcy

Money - BSN

(Best Syndication News) - The City of San Bernardino announced that they have filed an emergency Chapter 9 Bankruptcy petition in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, Riverside Division. At this time, the City plans to continue to operate and provide the community essential services and have not reduced any services yet.

During the bankruptcy proceedings, the City officials will be working on a Pendency Plan that will outline their operational budget. The Pendency Plan may require the City to reduce services. The officials announced that they do not have any idea what this plan will be yet. However, an official announcement said that they will “remain committed to providing the services that are essential to its continued operation and the health and safety of the community.”

Multi-Million Dollar Verdict Awarded for Catastrophic Highway 138 Accident

Road with stop - BSN

(Best Syndication News) - Today, a San Bernardino jury awarded David Evans and his wife over $31.5 million for an accident that occurred on highway 138 on April 29, 2009. The responsibility for the accident was 85 percent the driver that hit David Evans and the remaining 15 percent of the responsibility went to Caltrans.

There have been at least ten other accidents that happened at Highway 138 and Mountain Road. The California Highway Patrol shared this information during the trial. The other driver was making an illegal left hand turn at Mountain Road.

Jay-Z and Beyonce's Child’s Name to be Trademarked

(Best Syndication News) On January 7th, 2012, Beyonce and Jay-Z had their first child, Blue Ivy. It caused a small amount of controversy when Beyonce reportedly took the whole maternity ward over to give birth to her daughter. She also was given a pretty unique name, and there is a pretty small chance that anyone else has that name.

Syndicate content
Share/Save/Bookmark

      

Post to Facebook

Important: The material on Best Syndication is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be advice. Authors may have or will receive monetary compensation from the company's product/s mentioned. You should always seek professional advice before making any legal, financial or medical decisions and this website cannot substitute or replace any trained professional consultation.
Use of this site means that you agree to our TERMS OF SERVICE

Advertise On This Site
Copyright © 2006-2015 By Best Syndication All Rights Reserved